GreenGeeks is one of the very few web hosting service provider companies that are providing services while being responsible for the environment. It provides a number of shared hosting plans that suit the needs of websites and blogs of all sizes.
The Company is offering a lot of features at a very affordable price. With 1-click installs, GreenGeeks make WordPress websites easy to start. They have 24/7 support staff based out of the US.
Table of Contents
- GreenGeeks Review 2022
- GreenGeeks Hosting Features
- GreenGeeks Hosting Plans and Pricing
- GreenGeeks Uptime and Performance
- GreenGeeks Security
- GreenGeeks Data Centers
- GreenGeeks Money Back Guarantee
- GreenGeeks Customer Support
- Pros and Cons of GreenGeeks
- GreenGeeks Discount Offers
- GreenGeeks Alternatives
GreenGeeks Review 2022
Located in Los Angeles, GreenGeeks was founded in 2007. They are hosting more than 300,000 websites on their servers. Being a proud partner of EPA Green Power, they maintain their stand on saving the environment while providing the best possible services.
It is a well-known fact that the web hosting industry consumes a lot of energy while keeping your data and websites online all the time. GreenGeeks counter the impact by purchasing wind energy credits.
GreenGeeks Hosting Features
- All the packages come with unmetered web space and bandwidth.
- There is no limit on the number of domains that you can host on your space.
- The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- All servers are equipped with SSD storage ensuring the safety of the data from crashing.
- They offer 24/7 US-based support that is available to solve any query you have.
- They provide additional support for setting up your website or migrating it from the old host at no additional cost.
- You will get a free SSL certificate with all package and there is an option to upgrade it to premium one as well.
GreenGeeks Hosting Plans and Pricing
GreenGeeks provide affordable packages that suit everyone from new blogs to enterprises.
The packages are the same as shared hosting but the servers are optimized for WordPress which means your WordPress-based website will perform better on these servers.
GreenGeeks Uptime and Performance
GreenGeeks claim to provide up to 99.99% uptime and they are not faking it at all. During several tests and by reviewing the feedback from many customers they do provide 99.95% uptime without any glitch. The industry standard is 99.94% making GreenGeeks a little better among the competitors.
The loading time of the websites hosted on the GreenGeeks server is also remarkably faster than the competitors. The pages load approx 45% faster with GreenGeeks and provide a better loading time of approx 490 ms in comparison to 890 ms which is common among the competitors and in accordance with the market standards.
You cannot rely on machines all the time. Sooner or later something bad is going to happen. To avoid any loss of data, they provide nightly backups that store a version of your website(s) for the rainy day. The company also offers automatic brute force detection, SSL secure server, real-time security scanning, and password protection on your directories.
GreenGeeks Data Centers
Currently, GreenGeeks owns three data centers as follows:
- Chicago, US
- Montreal, CA
- Amsterdam, NL
With the modern technology and highly advanced hardware, GreenGeeks keep its servers at par with the latest trends in the industry. The data centers are equipped with raised floors, water detection systems, 100% power backup, climate control, and 24/7 security.
GreenGeeks Money Back Guarantee
GreengGeeks offers 30 days money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with GreenGeeks hosting then you will get a full hosting refund if you cancel GreenGeeks hosting services within 30 days of purchase.
GreenGeeks Customer Support
You can get support from GreenGeek through live chat, phone calls, and emails. Their support phone number is 1-877-326-7483 which is available all days between 9 AM to 12 AM EST. They also have a knowledge base and website tutorial which covers more than 100 articles.
Pros and Cons of GreenGeeks
- Affordable: Starting as low as $2.95, the packages on GreenGeeks are affordable of all.
- Environment-friendly: GreenGeeks is one of the very few companies that are providing high-end hosting solutions and reducing carbon footprint as well.
- Feature-rich: The hosting plans on GreenGeeks come with a bundle of features that come in handy while creating user-friendly websites.
- Expert support: The 24/7 support staff is available to solve all your queries and to provide you support in case anything goes wrong.
- Phone support: The phone support is not available 24/7 that means you have to rely on their email support between midnight and 9 EST.
- Setup fees for monthly billing: In case you opt for monthly billing, GreenGeeks charges you an additional $15 which will be waived of in case you buy a yearly package.
GreenGeeks Discount Offers
GreenGeeks offers a 70% discount to our website visitors. To get this offer, click on the following button then signup for your selected plan. They also offer a huge discount on black friday and cyber monday sales.
As an alternative to GreenGeeks, you can use HostGator or Bluehost. These are the best GreenGeeks alternatives.
It is estimated that by 2022 the carbon footprint of hosting companies will surpass the carbon footprint of airlines across the globe. This is an alarming situation and GreenGeeks is one of the very few companies that understand the importance of going green and working extensively in the field as well.
The packages on GreenGeeks are affordable and the servers are equipped with high-end hardware to ensure the best possible performance. Overall, GreenGeeks is one of the best choices you can have to host your website.
Recommended review articles: