Launched in 2009, Cloudways has its headquarters in Malta, Europe. The company also has offices in Dubai and Spain. Cloudways provides high-quality managed cloud hosting solutions to its customers. The main aim is to provide a service that does not need the client’s intervention on a regular basis thus giving him time to concentrate on the business.
Table of Contents
- Cloudways Review 2022
- Cloudways Hosting Features
- Cloudways Hosting Plans and Pricing
- Cloudways Uptime and Performance
- Data Centers
- Cloudways Customer Support
- Pros and Cons of Cloudways
- Cloudways Alternative
- Final Words on Cloudways Review
Cloudways Review 2022
Cloudways is one of the very few companies that provide the much-needed balance between affordability and the quality of the services. It promises 100% uptime for WordPress websites which means no slow-loading or unavailability of the website will come in your way.
Cloudways Hosting Features
- For any hosting company, there are some key features that make them better than the competitors. Cloudways proudly flaunt some of the features which are hard to match.
- Cloudways provides full support to migrate your website from your current host to their servers at no additional cost. No matter how large your website it, they will take care of it.
- Cloudways provides CDN services which help in increasing the loading speed. It comes in handy especially if you have online e-commerce stores.
- The company provides dedicated security for WordPress-based websites. WordPress, being the most popular content management system, comes under the radar of hackers too often. Such dedicated security features save your website from hackers and DDoS attacks.
- Cloudways servers have an auto-healing feature that finds and resolves minor issues saving your website from sudden crashes.
- The company offers two-factor authentication with every account which adds an additional layer of security.
- With every account, you will get a basic free SSL certificate that ensures any data shared via your website will be encrypted.
- The control panel has a one-click installation for apps.
- You can get support from the customer care department 24/7.
- Setting up a new website is extremely easy and can be done with a single click.
Cloudways Hosting Plans and Pricing
Cloudways has a number of managed hosting plans to choose from which make it worth almost websites of different sizes, budgets, and complexity. They have 5 major cloud hosting service providers to choose from.
4. Amazon Web Services
5. Google Cloud Platform
Cloudways Uptime and Performance
Cloudways is a proud partner of some of the best cloud service providers in the industry which means you can rely on them for 99% and above uptime for your WordPress-based website deployed on the cloud servers.
Also, WordPress websites hosted with Cloudways load 40%-50% faster than other service providers. Cloudways has a proprietary service known as VMAN that deploys Varnish, Memcached, Apache, and Nginx which helps in optimizing the performance of the website.
Cloudways take security very seriously and has high-end firewalls deployed for safeguarding the hosted websites from any sort of attack.
From time to time, the technical experts in the Cloudways team upgrade servers to enhance security. Cloudways also offers regular website backups and it is in your hand how frequently you want to backup your website(s).
Cloudways has tie-ups with some of the best cloud hosting service providers in the world which gives them access to their servers worldwide. Also, it uses Stackpath CDN or Content Delivery Network which uses 45 PoPs or Points of Presence. These PoPs or Datacenter nodes store copies of the website and depending on the location of the visitor deliver your website’s content from the nearest CDN.
Cloudways Customer Support
For choosing any web hosting company, customer support matters a lot. Whenever you got stuck in running your website, you need expert support quickly.
Here, cloudways offers 24/7 expert support through live chat and ticketing. There is also a cloudways community where you can get a solution by asking questions or by exploring existing topics.
In addition, Cloudways has its own vast knowledge base where you can read articles on basic starting knowledge, server, and application management.
Pros and Cons of Cloudways
Let’s discuss some pros and cons of Cloudways to determine if it is worth the investment.
- The company offers a 30-day trial period in which you will get 512 MB or 1 GB RAM. You do not have to provide any credit card information to try their services.
- There is no limit on how many WordPress installations you can do.
- There are a lot of user-friendly features in the control panel which make it easier for you to manage your website(s). The monitoring and scaling features available in the control panel are worth trying.
- The automatic backup system is easy to configure and you can choose the timeline of regular backups as per your requirement.
- Cloudways offer a pay-as-you-go billing system which means you will be billed only for the resources you have used in a particular month.
- Cloudways also offers high-end hosting services for Joomla, Moodle, Drupal, and Magento along with WordPress.
- In case you need to migrate your website from your current host to Cloudways, they will provide support at no extra cost.
- Cloudways has its own control panel to manage the applications on the cloud storage which is a little tricky for those who are familiar with using cPanel and Plesk.
- Cloud hosting requires little technical knowledge to manage so if you are not familiar with cloud-based hosting it is better to opt for regular WordPress hosting for your website.
As an alternative to Cloudways, you can choose WP Engine, Kinsta, or WPX Hosting cloud hosting plans. HostGator is a very affordable and reliable cloud hosting provider.
Final Words on Cloudways Review
There are only a few companies in the hosting arena that provide the balance between features and affordability. Cloudways has some of the best features a cloud-based hosting service provider can offer.
There are a lot of features that you can use to enhance speed and performance as your website grows such as scaling resources. In case you are unsure if it will suit you or not, you can choose to try their services for 30-days for free without providing any credit card information.
Check out other web hosting reviews: